Fall Fun

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Light.Love.Life

So I have been absent from the blogging world for quite some time now. Something I hate about myself, is sometimes I start projects and do not finish them. Occasionally I can be quick to jump on a bandwagon without asking myself, "Self, are you really going to be dedicated to this? Are you doing this simply because others are, or it's the new thing, or in an attempt to be the best ____ fill in the blank..." Sorry for the rambling. I will probably post more on that topic later.

I have the blessing of helping to facilitate a bible study on 1 John this summer. Here is a poem I wrote after I read 1 John several months ago, and as I am studying it again, I came across it. Just thought I'd share:

God, you are light.
You cleanse, you purify, you heal.
You are light.
You guide, you direct, you reveal.

You were, you are, you will always be.
There are no shifting shadows, for you are constant for eternity.
You are my exceeding joy.

Not a good thing have I to claim.
But you, rich in mercy saw fit to call me by your name.
All I have are filthy rags to offer,
Your blood is what makes me clean.
I am the clay. You are the potter.

No longer do I live for myself,
But for you Lord.
Lead me according to your Word.
I am wholly yours.

Your goodness has allowed me to taste this thing called grace.
Oh how I long to see your face-
to gaze upon you my sweet Jesus.
You are my soul's delight.
For this I will fight.

You word is your creating agent.
You spoke, "Let there be light" and there was in this creation
and i my heart
Your word brought forth Lazurus from his grave
and this soul it did save.
I will run to you.
For you make all things new.

Consume me for your glory.
I only want to be apart of your story.

God you are light.
You are love.
You are life!

Jesus. Jesus. Jesus.
Nothing sweeter than your name.
Jesus. Jesus. Jesus.
As a humble babe you came.
You died. You rose. Your reign!

My hope is in you alone.
For without the resurrection all would be in vain.
Lord create in my a longing for your return.
For you alone my soul yearns.

No comments: